East Lake Laps For the Lake 2020-2021
Pledge Collections: October 12-November 6, 2020
Laps for the Lake: Virtual!
It’s time for East Lake Elementary School’s FOURTH annual Laps for the Lake and we are accepting online donations this year! Please see the ‘How Does It Work’ section for details. This is our primary PTO fundraiser for the year. Last year we were able to give each classroom, including specialists and interventionists, dollars to spend on their students, in addition standing desks, resource library books, new playground equipment, a gaga pit (will be installed soon), and fun events! This year we will be looking at upgrading our playground structure. All students are strongly encouraged to participate to make this a fun and profitable fundraiser for our school.
OUR FUNDRAISING GOAL IS TO RAISE $38,000!
Proceeds raised will go towards upgrading our East Lake Elementary playground structure, in addition to teacher resources for their classrooms.
HOW DO STUDENTS AND PARENTS PARTICIPATE?
As we all know, we have to pivot this year and be creative. For our 4th annual fundraiser, we will be holding a VIRTUAL Laps for the Lake! Each student will receive a FREE Laps for the Lake T-shirt, courtesy of Valley Oaks Dental. Take a walk or hike with your family by November 6 wearing your t-shirt, take a picture and post it to our East Lake Facebook page using #lapsforthelake2020.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
• Collect pledges starting October 12 through November 6.
• You may collect physical pledges, either cash or check, and return the pledge form along with payments to your teacher. (Physical pledges must be turned in to your teacher by November 5th) Please have your sponsors make checks payable to: East Lake PTO.
• We are also able to accept online donations this year! Go to https://eastlakelementarypto.square.site/
and select your donation amount. Be sure to have your sponsor enter the East Lake students name and grade in the notes section.
• Whether you do physical, online or combination of both, please make sure you fill out the attached pledge form and list all the donations, along with a total at the bottom.
• Parents, do you have matching gifts through your employer? Check with your human resources department to see if your gift can be matched and your impact doubled. East Lake PTO is officially a 501c3 non-profit status, so all donations are tax-deductible!
THANK your sponsors!
Don’t forget to thank those who sponsor you. Let them know how much money was raised for your school. Write a thank you note, send an email or give them a call.
WHAT DO WE WIN?
Grade Level Prizes:
Each grade level that reaches their goal listed below will win a special day!
Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade – Popcorn / Pajama Day
3rd, 4th and 5th grade – Movie Day with Snacks
Participation Prize: ALL East Lake students will receive a t-shirt for the event - FREE! Thanks to Valley Oaks Dental!
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.